2017 Unraveled Quilt Store's Challenge
This Challenge is open to the public.
General Challenge Rules:
- You must use a recognizable amount of the challenge fabric as an integral part of the entry. It must appear in the body of the quilt and not just in the border. The challenge fabric can be purchased at Unraveled Quilt Store.
- Other fabrics may be incorporated in the quilt.
- Quilts must be no larger than 25” x 25”.
- Entries must be finished quilts. No tops will be accepted.
- Entries must be clean and odor free when they are received or they may be returned without consideration for the competition.
- Entries can be made by an individual or a group. Additional prizes will not be awarded for group entries.
- You may enter as many quilts as you'd like as long as each quilt follows these rules.
- This challenge is open to the public.
- Entries must be dropped off at the Bloomington Convention Center on Thursday, November 9, 2017, between the hours of 2:30 and 6:00 pm.
- Quilts will be judged by Lisa at Unraveled and the BQG quilt show co-chairs. Judging will be based of originality and creativity, use of challenge fabric, visual impact and workmanship.
- Entries will be displayed at the Bloomington Quilters Guild's (BQG) Quilts from the Heartland show November 10 and 11, 2017 at the Bloomington Convention Center.
- Winners will be selected and announced November 10, 2017 at the quilt show. The winners’ quilts will be displayed at Unraveled Quilt Store from November 13 to December 13, 2017.
- Non-winning quilts may be picked up at the Bloomington Convention Center on Saturday, November 11, 2017, between the hours of 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Download: Unraveled Quilt Challenge (PDF)
How to prepare your quilt for submission
For the 2017 BQG Quilt Show, here are instructions to prepare your quilts for submission: sleeves, labels, and submission pillow cases:
How to Make a Sleeve and Labels (PDF)