Karen Linduska will run a Stitched Surface Design Techniques workshop on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018.
David Taylor Workshop, October 3, 2018
David Taylor will present a workshop on Pictorial Hand Appliqué. Website: DavidTaylorQuilts.com
Where: Monroe County Convention Center, 302 S. College Ave., Bloomington, Indiana
When: Wednesday, Oct. 3, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Bring a sack lunch or money to pick up lunch at a nearby restaurant.)
Cost: $40.00 for members, plus purchase either a $30 kit or $10 pattern from David at the workshop. You must have paid member dues for the 2018–2019 guild year to attend this workshop.
Class size: Limited to 30.
Skill level: Suitable for all levels.
Supply List: Each workshop participant must choose a $30 kit (includes pattern and pre-washed fabrics) OR a $10 pattern-only (you provide your own fabric). You can see them on David’s website store page: DavidTaylorQuilts.com. All finish at 12" square, except the Bluebonnet pattern (10.5" x 20.5"). You will purchase the kit/pattern directly from David at the workshop. Please choose in advance from the following project options so David will know how many to bring:
Hummingbird kit ($30) Rose kit ($30)
Rose pattern only ($10) Carnation pattern only ($10)
Iris pattern only ($10) Daffodil pattern only ($10)
Sweet Pea pattern only ($10) Lily of the Valley pattern only ($10)
Columbine pattern only ($10) Gladiolus pattern only ($10)
Bluebonnet pattern only ($10) Larkspur pattern only ($10)
Aster pattern only ($10) Marigold pattern only ($10)
- Paper scissors and fabric scissors
- Hand-sewing needle (David uses Bohin, long #9 appliqué)
- Iron and ironing surface (the guild will also have some irons and ironing boards available)
- Hand-sewing thread (David uses Masterpiece cotton 50/2)
- Appliqué pins (David uses Bohin)
- Pencil or mechanical pencil
- Resealable plastic bag to hold cut-out appliqué shapes
- Trolley needle (finger stiletto-optional, but very useful)
- $30 kits include fabrics. If you are purchasing a $10 pattern instead, bring a variety of pre-washed fabrics with printed textures and blending patterns to create a flower in the color of your choosing.
David will also have a “pop-up store” with supplies available for purchase. He will accept cash, check, and credit card payments.
Register Online with PayPal*, in person at our BQG meetings, or mail in your check with the Workshop Mail-in Registration (PDF). Registration deadline is September 28, 2018.
*Setting up a PayPal account only takes a few minutes.
From his website:
DAVID TAYLOR was born in Peterborough, New Hampshire, and currently resides in Henniker, New Hampshire. He has been the recipient of the Fairfield Master Award for Contemporary Quilting from the International Quilt Association (2006, 2014), the Brother Wall Machine Workmanship Award from the American Quilters Society (2008), and a two-time Best of Show winner at the IQA's Spring Festival in Chicago (2007, 2008), among others. His art quilts hang in numerous private collections worldwide.
If you have any questions, please contact Brenda Roach, email: email@example.com.